ark Wiseman, the current President & Chief Executive Officer of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) has accepted a job at BlackRock to become incoming senior managing director and a member of the Global Executive Committee (GEC). Wiseman will become Head of BlackRock’s Global Active Equity business and will become Chairman of the BlackRock Global Investment Committee, the investment sub-committee of the GEC. Wiseman will also assist BlackRock Alternative Investors. He will report to Robert S. Kapito, President of BlackRock, and will join the listed company in early September 2016. Wiseman assumed the role of President & CEO of CPPIB in 2012.
Mark Wiseman was named #2 in SWFI’s inaugural Public Investor 100, held in 2013.
“Leaving CPPIB was an extremely difficult decision and one that I deliberated over very carefully,” said Wiseman in a CPPIB press release. “CPPIB is an exceptional institution on a long, strong path forward. I have every confidence in the senior management team and will watch with pride the successful delivery of CPPIB’s long-term global strategy. The opportunity to serve CPPIB for over a decade has been a great privilege. It will remain one of the greatest highlights of my career.”
Machin to Head CPPIB
In response, CPPIB named Mark Machin as its president and CEO, effective June 13, 2016. Machin is currently CPPIB’s senior managing director & Head of International. Machin joined CPPIB in March 2012. He had a 20-year career at Goldman Sachs where he was most recently Vice Chairman of Asia ex-Japan.
- Gross Effect: NYC Retirement Terminates $4.9 Billion of PIMCO Assets
- CPP Fund Exceeds $183 Billion at 2013 Fiscal Year-End
- PRIVATE SIDE: Japan Post Chief Joins BlackRock
- CPPIB Initially Commits 200 Million Toward Sharpooji Venture
- CPPIB Opens São Paulo Office
- Top 10 Largest Sovereign Wealth Fund Direct Deals for 2014
- SWFI – Movers and Shakers – January 29, 2015
- Friday SWFI News Roundup, May 1, 2015
- CPPIB Attracts BlackRock Quant Executive
- Chikyoren Doles Out 7 Mandates
- SWFI – Movers and Shakers – May 1, 2015
- EQUITIES: BlackRock, Brandes Reductions, Goldman Increases at New York State CRF
- SAFE Investment Company Had Boosted Ownership in Aviva
- Friday SWFI News Roundup, July 1, 2016
- SWFI First Read, January 10, 2017
Contact the writer or creator of this article or page.
Questions or comments: support(at)swfinstitute(dot)org
Follow on Twitter at @swfinstitute
Learn, Attend and Network: Institutional Investor Events and Summits
Go Back: HOME: Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute