Job Title: Senior Legal Advisor
Organization: Norges Bank Investment Management
Location: Oslo, Norway
NBIM is seeking a structured and motivated professional for the position of Senior Legal Advisor. The advisor will be part of the Legal group, which serves as in-house lawyers for all NBIM departments and interacts closely with internal clients. The group is part of the Business Risk department, which also includes Ownership Risk and Operational Risk functions.
Your primary role is to advise on legal matters related to personnel with NBIM’s offices in Norway and abroad. You will advise on several types of legal issues, such as privacy protection, freedom of information, public procurement in addition to matters related to employment law and regulations. Further, you will assist in establishment or revision of pension and insurance plans, visa processes, tax schemes and tax reporting.
The position will be based in Oslo, and some travel will be required.
- Provide legal advice on a variety of employment law and personnel matters, including on pension plans and personal taxation in Norway and internationally
- Support the organisation with legal advice related to privacy protection, freedom of information and public procurement
- Monitor and report on changes in relevant laws and regulations
- Select and manage the use of appropriate local counsels
- University law degree with strong academic records
- Minimum 5- 8 years’ relevant experience with Norwegian and international employment law
- Relevant experience with procurement and personal data regulation will be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and provide business focused advice
- High level of integrity
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and working proficiency in written and spoken English
We offer interesting challenges in an active and stimulating international environment. The position offers excellent possibilities for personal and professional development.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Marius Nygaard Haug, telephone + 47 24073131. More information about NBIM and how to apply is available at www.nbim.no.
Deadline for application is 16th October, 2013.