Job Title: Chief Investment Officer
Organization: San Francisco Employees’ Retirement System
Location: San Francisco, CA, U.S.
The Chief Investment Officer (CIO) reports to the Executive Director. The CIO formulates investment philosophy and strategies for the Retirement System, makes recommendations to the Executive Director and the Retirement Board and implements Board adopted policies and strategies. The CIO directs the activities of the Investment Division, oversees the work of fourteen professional investment staff, manages direct investment activities, and directs staff oversight of investment consultants and externally managed separate accounts.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and formulating long-term investment policies and strategies designed to provide maximum risk-adjusted return
- Implementing approved investment policies and strategies
- Maintaining day-to-day activities of the Investment Division including investment transactions, status reports and portfolio performance
- Administer, plan, coordinate and evaluate the activities of Investment Division staff
- Monitoring the investment portfolio to ensure compliance with strategic asset allocation and recommending rebalancing at least quarterly
- Maintaining close liaison with outside managers, advisors and consultants to ensure compliance with contracts, investment policy and guidelines
- Monitoring capital markets and economic forecasts and providing information to the Executive
- Director and Retirement Board on domestic and global trends
- Directing financial transactions and preparing records and reports
- Participating in and maintaining contacts with other institutional investors and investment managers, staying abreast of and participating in the development of best practices in the industry
- Representing the System to representatives of the financial services community
- Directing staff and consultant searches for investment services providers, making recommendations regarding retention or termination of investment service providers.
For details related to this position, go to SFERS Jobs at www.sfers.org.
Resumes or nominations of candidates should be forwarded to:
Human Resources Director
San Francisco Employees’ Retirement System
30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3000
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: (415) 487-7026
Fax: (415) 487-7023