Robert E. Beauchamp, CEO and Chairman of BMC Software
ouston-based BMC Software has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by a private investor group led by Bain Capital Partners, LLC and Golden Gate Private Equity, Inc. Other members of the group include GIC Special Investments Pte Ltd and Insight Venture Management, LLC. Elliott Management, a hedge fund that owns 9.6% of BMC common stock, voted in favor of the transaction. GIC Special Investments Pte Ltd is the private equity arm of GIC.
Under the terms of the agreement, the affiliates of the private investor group will buy all outstanding BMC common stock for US$ 46.25 per share or approximately US$ 6.9 billion.
Asian sovereign funds are progressively playing a key role as direct private investors.
[ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]
- GIC, Advent and Bain Capital Invest in Indian Outsourcing Company
- Once Again GIC Partners with Hellman & Friedman, Investing in Allfunds
- Sovereign Wealth Funds Could Own a Significant Piece of Shutterfly
- SWFI First Read, February 26, 2017
- Canadian Pensions Compete with Private Equity on Indian Analytics
- KKR and Singapore Sovereign Fund Form Indian RE Lending Platform
- Friday SWFI News Roundup, November 27, 2015
- Temasek and Others Seek to Purchase TPG’s Stake in Shriram Transport
- Singapore’s GIC Joins in Genpact Transaction with Bain Capital
- Major Secondary Deal: Ardian Buys $1.75 Billion PennPSERS PE Portfolio
- Friday SWFI News Roundup, December 26, 2014
- GIC Invests in Visma
- SWFI First Read, December 14, 2015
- Friday SWFI News Roundup, April 24, 2015
- SWFI First Read, February 28, 2016
Contact the writer or creator of this article or page.
Questions or comments: support(at)swfinstitute(dot)org
Follow on Twitter at @swfinstitute
Learn, Attend and Network: Institutional Investor Events and Summits
Go Back: HOME: Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute