Connect with us

SWFI First Read, April 8, 2017

Published

on

KWSP Invests in Melbourne Square Project

Malaysia’s Employees Provident Fund, also known as KWSP, is investing 154 million AUD, alongside Malaysian industrial group OSK Holdings, in a mixed-use development in the centre of Melbourne in Australia called Melbourne Square. KWSP is taking a 49% stake in Yarra Park City, a unit of OSK Holdings that is acquiring a Melbourne property in the Southbank precinct in central Melbourne. OSK Holdings retains the other 51% stake in Yarra Park City.

Local Government Super CEO Exits

Sydney-based Local Government Super has lost its chief executive officer. Peter Lambert has stepped down as CEO of the superannuation fund, after running it for nearly a decade. In the interim, Donna Heffernan will step in to fill the role.

MEP Infrastructure Developers Tries to Lure Canadian Pensions for Investment Trust

[ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]

GLP Forms €2 Billion Logistics Partnership with CPPIB and bcIMC

Published

on

Logistics giant GLP is forming a €2 billion partnership with QuadReal Property Group (QuadReal) and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), through its wholly owned subsidiary, CPP Investment Board Europe S.a.r.l., to establish GLP Continental Europe Development Partners I (GLP CDP I). [ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]

Continue Reading

Nissan Car Honcho Carlos Ghosn Arrested in Japan over Misconduct

Published

on

Carlos Ghosn, the Chairman of Nissan, has been arrested in Japan over claims of financial misconduct, according to the automobile manufacturer. Ghosn has been accused of “significant acts of misconduct,” which includes under-reporting his pay package and personal use of corporate assets. [ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]

Continue Reading

ADIA Boosts External Capabilities, Hires Couvreur

Published

on

The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) is boosting its external investment management team in a pivot in strategy. [ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]

Continue Reading

Popular

© 2008-2018 Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute. All Rights Reserved. Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute ® and SWFI® are registered trademarks of the Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute. Other third-party content, logos and trademarks are owned by their perspective entities and used for informational purposes only. No affiliation or endorsement, express or implied, is provided by their use. All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our terms of use agreement which includes our privacy policy. Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute (SWFI) is a global organization designed to study sovereign wealth funds, pensions, endowments, superannuation funds, family offices, central banks and other long-term institutional investors in the areas of investing, asset allocation, risk, governance, economics, policy, trade and other relevant issues. SWFI facilitates sovereign fund, pension, endowment, superannuation fund and central bank events around the world. SWFI is a minority-owned organization.