Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi US$ 773 Billion
Established: 1976
Transparency Rating: 5
View Sovereign Fund Transaction Data
Asset Allocation Report
Related Articles
Origin: Oil
Firm Investment Style: Mixed
Entity Structure: Fund
Pop Est.: 921,000 – 2013 – Abu Dhabi
Wealth Per Capita Est.: $839,305
UAE

Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Summary
Established in 1976, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority’s (ADIA) main funding source is from a financial surplus from oil exports. The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority is the largest sovereign wealth fund in the Middle East.

It is wholly owned and subject to supervision by the government of Abu Dhabi. The fund is an independent legal identity with full capacity to act in fulfilling its statutory mandate and objectives. As much as 80% of its assets are administered by external managers which includes around 60% that is passively managed through tracking indexed funds.

The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority’s funding sources derives from oil, specifically from the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and its subsidiaries which pay a dividend to help fund ADIA and its sister fund Abu Dhabi Investment Council (ADIC). These payments are on a periodic basis if the Government runs a surplus to its budgetary requirements and other funding commitments. About receiving 70% of any budget surplus is sent to ADIA, while the other 30% of surplus goes to the Abu Dhabi Investment Council (ADIC).

Background
ADIA replaced the Financial Investments Board created in 1967 part of the then Abu Dhabi Ministry of Finance. The other precursor to ADIA was the Abu Dhabi Investment Administration. By Law No.5 of 1976, ADIA was created.

Strategy & Objectives

SWF Asset Allocation

Key Executives and People

Main Office
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
211 Corniche, PO Box 3600
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Phone +971 2 415 0000
Fax +971 2 415 1000

Other Office(s)[ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]

Governance[ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]

Sovereign Wealth Enterprises

Name Information
Procific Based in the Cayman Islands, Procific is an investment arm of ADIA.
Tamweelview European Holdings SA This sovereign wealth enterprise is the European Real Estate investment arm of ADIA. One of its significant real estate investments is Sturegallerian AB.
Tannadice Investments LLC Owns 25% stake in Chicago Parking Meters, LLC
Tawreed Investments Infrastructure
Infinity Investments SA Infinity Investments is a company that invests in European infrastructure assets and whose sole shareholder is the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA). This sovereign wealth enterprise holds a stake 25% stake in Solveig Gas Norway AS, which is invested in a stake in Gassled joint venture (jv). Also invested in Thames Water.
Henley Holdings Company Cayman Islands SWE for U.S. real estate holdings
East Harbor Property, Inc. SWE for U.S. real estate holdings
Harina Company Limited Harina Company Limited is an investment company that invests in Australian real estate interests and is wholly owned by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).

Other sovereign wealth enterprises include:

Arun Baga Berg Falgu Flamingo
Fundaq Ganges Gulab Indent Jhelum
Keep Leo Macro Magno Manly
Mark 5 Merlion Roic Rotate Segmo
Ssgain Way



Major Direct Foreign Investments (Public)

[ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]

Major Direct Foreign Investments (Private)

[ Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view content. ]

HOME   WEALTH FUND RANKINGS   CONTACT SOVEREIGN WEALTH FUND INSTITUTE