|Republic of Singapore||US$ 173.3 Billion|
Transparency Rating: 10
View Sovereign Fund Transaction Data
View Asset Allocation
Firm Investment Style: Corporate
Entity Structure: Portfolio
Population Est.: 5.3 million – 2012
Wealth Per Capita Est.: $32,698
These companies became government linked companies (GLC). The governments’ stakes in these companies were originally held directly by the Singapore Ministry of Finance. The Ministry of Finance established Temasek Holdings in 1974 to manage these assets. Currently, Temasek Holdings’ sole shareholder is the Ministry of Finance. As the years progressed, Temasek Holdings began to diversify its holdings from the local Singapore market, to other surrounding countries.
Temasek means sea town, which was the original name of Singapore.
| Strategy & Objectives
Other Offices[Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view site content.]
1. Pavilion Energy
Created in 2013 with an initial capital commitment of US$1 billion, the entity will invest in the region’s growing needs for clean energy, especially around the LNG supply chain. Pavilion Energy will develop as an independent Temasek portfolio company with its own board, management and operating capabilities.
2. Fullerton Financial Holdings
Formerly called, Asia Financial Holdings Pte. Ltd (AFH), this sovereign wealth enterprise invests in financial firms. As of December 31, 2009, they had total assets at S$46.8 billion.
- Duxton Investments is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fullerton Financial Holdings, an investment company whose portfolio includes Bank Danamon and Bank Internasional Indonesia in Indonesia, ICICI Bank in India, Hana Bank in Korea, Minsheng Bank in China and NIB Bank in Pakistan.
3. Fullerton Fund Management Company Ltd
In 1989 it originated as Temasek Holdings’ Fund Management Division, an investment management department of Temasek Holdings. It eventually branched out and incorporated in 2003. The SWE invests in fixed income, equities, and hedge funds with a focus in the Asian economies.
- Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd is indirectly wholly-owned by Temasek Holdings, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Fullerton Management Pte Ltd. They are a Asia-focused real estate development, investment and capital management company based in Singapore.
4. Aspen Holdings
5. Temasek Capital (Private) Limited
6. Allamanda Investments Pte Ltd
7. Amberwood Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
8. Aranda Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
9. Baytree Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
10. Cairnhill Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
11. Centaura Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
12. Charlton Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
13. Clover Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
14. Crescent Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
15. Faber Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
16. Henderson Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
17. Springwood Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
18. Seletar Investments Pte Ltd
19. Tannery Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
20. Tomlinson Investments (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
21. Breedens Investments Pte Ltd
22. Maju Investments Pte Ltd
23. SingBridge International, Formed in June 2009, Temasek’s sovereign wealth enterprise that makes infrastructure investments.
24. SeaTown Holding, Temasek’s money management subsidiary
25. Maxwell (Mauritius) Pte Ltd
26. Temasek Holdings Advisors India Private Limited
27. Vertex Venture Holdings Ltd
Created in 1988, Vertex Venture Holdings Ltd (Vertex Group) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings, investing in emerging companies and leading venture capital funds throughout Greater Asia and the US.
28. Anderton Investments Ltd
29. Cassia Fund Management Pte Ltd
30. Heliconia Capital Management Pte. Ltd
Heliconia Capital Management provides growth capital for Singapore-based small and medium sized enterprises. It has made early stage co-investments in Singapore-based companies, such as Heptagon, a leading developer of advanced micro optics used in smart phone cameras, and Razer Inc., a leader in high-performance video game systems.
31. Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Limited
TLL was established in August 2002 by the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University and Temasek Holdings to undertake cutting edge research in molecular biology and genetics in the broad field of life sciences. Temasek Life Sciences Ventures Pte Ltd is an investment holding company whose mission is to commercialize life science technologies and intellectual property including those developed by Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory Ltd (TLL).
32. Certis CISCO Security Private Limited
CISCO ( The Commercial and Industrial Security Corporation) incorporated on June 1, 2005, it is a wholly owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings, Certis CISCO today has operations in more than 63 cities around the Asia Pacific region and Middle East, employing over 26,000 people. Beginning in 1959 as the Guard and Escort Unit under the Police Force, it then became a statutory board in 1972 which was known as “The Commercial & Industrial Security Corporation” (CISCO). Its mission was to support the efforts of the Singapore Police Force in maintaining law and order and to enhance the security environment by providing a range of security services at the highest professional standards
33. Havelock Fund Investments Pte Ltd
Havelock Fund Investments Pte Ltd, a Singapore company, is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited that owns shares of Cheniere Energy.
34. ST Asset Management Ltd (“STAM”)
It is wholly owned by Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited, an Asian investment house headquartered in Singapore.
35. Clifford Capital
Clifford Capital commenced operations in late 2012, with a focus on financing Singapore-based companies to grow into new markets.
Major Direct Foreign Investments (Public and Private)
[Content protected for Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute Standard subscribers only. Please subscribe to view site content.]