Total and Marubeni Win Big on 800 MW Solar Power Plant Tender in Qatar

Posted on 01/22/2020

French oil giant Total SA and Marubeni Corporation won a tender for a 800 megawatt solar power plant development from Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation (Kahramaa), a Qatari utility. The solar power plant will be constructed on a 10 square kilometer plot in Al-Kharsaah, a place west of Doha, for an estimated price of 1.7 billion QAR (US$ 464 million). The solar power plant will be 60% owned by the Siraj Energy joint venture formed by Qatar Petroleum and Kahramaa, and the other 40% will be owned by Total and Marubeni.

Once built, the solar power plant will sell power to Kahramaa under a 25-year power supply deal.

Get News, People, and Transactions, Delivered to Your Inbox