DP World and CDPQ Augment Global Investment Platform to $8.2 Billion

Posted on 09/03/2020

DP World is a global infrastructure-led supply chain solutions provider. DP World and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) announced the expansion of their ports and terminals investment through a new commitment of US$ 4.5 billion, that will increase the total size of the platform to US$ 8.2 billion. DP World holds 55% share of the platform, and CDPQ the remaining 45%. The platform was formed in 2016 and has invested in 10 port terminals globally and across various stages of the asset life cycle. According to the press release, “The enhanced platform will continue to target assets globally, but with an increased scope to broaden its footprint in existing geographies, as well as new regions such as Europe and Asia Pacific. The investment platform will pursue its deployment and diversification objectives by expanding across a wider part of the integrated marine supply chain, such as logistics services linked to terminals.”

Dubai World owns DP World.

Keywords: Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec.

Get News, People, and Transactions, Delivered to Your Inbox