DAILY DOSE: April 28, 2021
Posted on 04/28/2021
1. The Federal Reserve says rates are unchanged. The Federal Reserve is maintaining its US$ 120 billion monthly bond buying. The central bank sees that inflation has risen, largely reflecting transitory factors.
2. Texas counties have declared the U.S. border a disaster as migrants continue to pour in with insufficient government resources.
3. Turkey inked a deal to buy 50 million doses of Sputnik V in 6 months from Russia.
4. European anti-trust regulators are unlikely going to ask Aon plc for more concession over US$ 30 billion bid for Willis Towers Watson.
5. The Boeing Company sees passenger traffic to return to 2019 levels in 2023-2024 years.
6. Japan government plans to impose vaccine passports to restart international travel. Tokyo Olympics athletes are to be tested daily for the coronavirus.
7. U.S. Navy fired warning shots against Iranian fast boats in the Persian Gulf.