DAILY DOSE: July 21, 2021
Posted on 07/21/2021
ARTICLE IMAGE: The B-Word conference is an event hosted by the Crypto Council for Innovation. Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk is speaking on a panel alongside Jack Dorsey, CEO of payment company Square and Twitter, along with ARK Invest CEO and founder Cathie Wood, who are answering questions from moderator and Square Cryptocurrency head Steve Lee.
1. U.S. President Joe Biden is committed to maintaining U.S. sanctions on Turkey for buying a Russian missile defense system, according to a senior U.S. diplomat.
2. Saudi Arabia is banning its citizens from direct or indirect travel to Indonesia over coronavirus concerns.
3. SEC Chair Gensler says crypto tokens priced off securities must adhere to securities laws, even if its is on a decentralized platform.
4. More than 200 people in the U.S. are being monitored for Monkeypox virus, a double-stranded DNA, zoonotic virus, and a species of the genus Orthopoxvirus in the family Poxviridae.
5. U.S. life expectancy fell by a year and a half in 2020, the largest one-year decline since World War II, public health officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. More than 3.3 million Americans died in 2020, far more than any other year in U.S. history, with COVID-19 accounting for about 11% of those deaths, according to the CDC.
6. WEATHER MANIPULATION (GEOENGINEERING). Dubai is dealing with a heatwave of 50 degrees Celsius. The UAE’s National Center of Meteorology started using drone technology that sends electrical charges into clouds to produce rain. Dubai gets just four inches of rainfall a year. The cloud seeding operation uses electrical charges to prompt rainfall. This cloud seeding tech using drones is preferred because it uses electricity to generate rain rather than chemicals.